Thanks to an endowment by the Hemera Foundation, Natural Dharma Fellowship is pleased to offer Contemplative Fellowships for Health Care Professionals (CFHP). These fellowships support and promote personal and contemplative development for health care professionals through meditation in a retreat setting.
Using mindfulness meditation and other contemplative practices, Wonderwell’s retreats provide a deep, educational environment where individuals can learn how to cultivate compassion both for themselves and for others; how to develop focused awareness and relaxation; and how to enhance their professional capacity. The goal of such retreats is that participants will be able to take the training and knowledge they have gained, and apply these strategies and practices in their private and professional lives. Individuals are eligible for one fellowship-supported retreat per year.
The long-term vision of the CFHP program is to build an ever-expanding community of fellows, both online and in person, whose professional lives are informed and supported by contemplative practice.
To be eligible for CFHP support, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be employed full-time in a health care field (see below)
- Work primarily with patients/clients or oversee other healthcare professionals
Applicants for CFHP’s Include:
- Physicians/Doctors and Physician Assistants
- Nurses and Nursing Assistants
- Orderlies and Medical Technicians
- Medical Assistants and Direct Care Staff
- Dentists, Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Therapists (Physical, Occupational, Massage, Radiation, Speech, Recreational, Music, Art) and their corresponding Assistants
- Social Workers
- EMTs and Paramedics
- Medical School Students
Fellows will receive:
- Possible 100% funding for their first meditation retreat.
- Those who can afford to pay for any portion of their retreat are welcome to do so. This will allow funding to be available for more fellows.
- 50% + need-based funding for anyone with prior retreat experience.
If you are awarded a Hemera CFHP, you are committing to attend the retreat for which you are applying. Should you need to cancel for any reason, you must notify Wonderwell Mountain Refuge immediately. Cancellations may result in forfeiting your eligibility for a Hemera Fellowship for the following year.
By applying for a Hemera CFHP Fellowship, you agree to allow your contact information to be shared with the Hemera Foundation. If you are awarded a fellowship, you must also agree to fill out a survey about your retreat experience and the impact it has on your life and work.