Thanks to an endowment offered by the Hemera Foundation, Natural Dharma Fellowship is pleased to offer Hemera’s Contemplative Fellowships for Health Care Professionals (CFHP) program, which supports and promotes the personal development of health care professionals through contemplative practices in a retreat setting. Using mindfulness meditation and other practice methods, Wonderwell’s retreats allow for a receptive educational environment in which individuals learn how to cultivate compassion both for themselves and for others, how to develop focused awareness and relaxation, and how to enhance their professional capacity. Participants will be enabled to take the training and knowledge gained through these retreats into their private and professional lives, thereby improving environments both at home and in the workplace.
To be eligible for CFHP support, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be employed full-time in a health care field (see below)
- Work primarily with patients/clients or oversee other healthcare professionals
Individuals are eligible for one fellowship-supported retreat per year. The long-term vision of the CFHP program is to build an ever-expanding community of fellows, both online and in person, whose professional lives are informed and supported by contemplative practice.
Those Eligible for CFHP’s Include
- Physicians/Doctors and Physician Assistants
- Nurses and Nursing Assistants
- Orderlies and Medical Technicians
- Medical Assistants and Direct Care Staff
- Dentists, Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Therapists (Physical, Occupational, Massage, Radiation, Speech, Recreational, Music, Art) and their corresponding Assistants
- Social Workers
- EMTs and Paramedics
- Medical School Students
CFHP fellows will receive:
- 100% funding for their first retreat as a fellow.
- Those who can afford to pay for any portion of their retreat are welcome to do so. This will allow funding to be available for more fellows.
- 50% + need-based funding for anyone with prior retreat experience
To apply for a Hemera CFHP Fellowship please click here.
If you are awarded a Hemera CFHP, you are committing to attend the retreat for which you are applying. Should you need to cancel for any reason, you must notify Wonderwell Mountain Refuge immediately. Cancellations may result in forfeiting your eligibility for a Hemera Fellowship for the following year.
By applying for a Hemera CFHP Fellowship, you agree to allow your contact information to be shared with the Hemera Foundation. If you are awarded a fellowship, you must also agree to fill out a survey about your retreat experience and the impact it has on your life and work.